3. Download the archive with the upgrade script and decompress it.
4. Go to the administration panel of your site > Modules installation > Panel settings (/admin/install/installer_settings) and make sure that FTP access info is inserted there. It will make automatic file transfer possible.
5. Connect to the server where your site files are kept. Upload the files and directories of the upgrade script into the root directory of your site, overwriting the older files with the newer files when prompted.
6. Open the main configuration file (config.php in the site root). In line 21
replace mysql with mysqli:
Then add the following constants at the end of the file:
7. Now we are ready to start the actual update. Log back in the administration panel of your website. Go to ‘Modules installation’. You will be asked for additional login and password that are stored in file /application/config/install.php on your server, lines 4 and 5:
Then you will get to the page /admin/install/modules. In the left-hand menu, select ‘Enable product updates’ (page /admin/install/product_updates) and click ‘Install’.
The process will run automatically so you will only need to click ‘Finish’ when it ends a couple of minutes later.
8. Now it’s time to edit the main configuration file again (config.php in the site root). In line
replace true with false:
It is not mandatory though it will help speed up the site.
9. It is possible that some settings were overwritten or set back to default during the update, so please check the following as well:
-banner groups names
-colour scheme / design theme
-.htaccess file settings
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.