3. Download the archive with the upgrade script and unpack it.
4. Go to the administration panel of your site > Modules installation > Panel settings (/admin/install/installer_settings) and make sure that FTP access info is inserted there. It will make automatic file transfer possible.
You will be asked for additional login and password that are stored in file /application/config/install.php on your server, lines 4 and 5:
5. Connect to the server where your site files are stored. Upload the files and directories of the upgrade script into the root directory of your site, overwriting the older files with the newer files when prompted.
6. Now we are ready to start the actual update. Log back in the administration panel of your website. Go to ‘Modules installation’. In the left-hand menu, select ‘Enable product updates’ (page /admin/install/product_updates) and click ‘Install’.
The process will run automatically so you will only need to click ‘Finish’ when it ends a couple of minutes later.
Clear your browser cache.
7. It is possible that some settings were overwritten or set back to default during the update, so please check the following as well:
-banner groups names
-.htaccess file settings
-info pages (articles)
-default currency settings
-admin panel menu
Important: The new version comes with the new responsive design theme for the user mode. It will be made active by default once the upgrade process is complete. You can switch back to the classic theme in section Interface > Themes > Installed themes (/admin/themes/installed_themes/) of your administration panel.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.