Dating Pro Digest: Facebook Users Can Control Shared Data For Ad-targeting; Motley Fool’s Online Dating Podcast; Videoconferencing Startup Gone Crazy For Online Dating
Assalamo aleikum, my friends
Dating industry news digest for today:
- Facebook allows controlling which apps can share data for ad-targeting
- Motley Fool’s ‘Deep Dive Into Online Dating’ podcast
- B2B videoconferencing startup gone crazy for online dating
“True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” ―Mortimer J. Adler
Facebook allows controlling which apps can share data for ad-targeting
New ‘Off-Facebook Activity’ tool will give Facebook users a possibility to delete the data that third-party platforms are sharing with Facebook.
This tool displays what services send users behavior data to Facebook, so it could provide those users with more related and targeted ads.
Users will be able to view and clear this data if needed.
Motley Fool’s ‘Deep Dive Into Online Dating’ podcast
The Motley Fool, investing insights and financial advice agency, aired a podcast episode with Dan McMurtrie and Alex Draime, investment research specialists from Tyro Partners, where they talk about online dating.
There they cover how online dating influenced the way people meet, how they go from one app to another and what Match Group left to monetize.
According to them:
- 65%-75% of new relationships start online;
- Tinger app is considered as an entertainment tool, rather than an option to find a real connection. Millennials use apps like Bumble and Hinge to find serious relationships;
- Match Group has enough room to monetize and grow as they have a number of platforms aimed at different niches.
B2B videoconferencing startup gone crazy for online dating
A team created B2B web-based system for video conferencing Eyeson, decided to create a new separate video dating app.
The new app name is Ahoi and now it’s being tested in India.
“People are disappointed by perfect profiles on Tinder and the reality when meeting people,” said CEO Andreas Kröpfl. “Wasted time. Especially women do not want to be stalked by men pretending to be someone else. We solve both by a real live conversation where only after a call both can decide to be connected or never see each other again.”
Dating Industry News Digest is brought to you by Dating Pro, winner of iDate Awards in the Best Dating Software Provider category.
With us, you will learn how to start a dating site, how to manage your dating website software and how to profit with dating script.
Main Photo by Gabby Orcutt on Unsplash