Modern digital technologies help us notice when something goes wrong. But what is right and what is not? For this, we have standards - and those aren't some abstruse schemes and formulas, but simple and easy-to-follow rules. We have hundreds of them, literally about everything. That is how we do everything well.
But anyone can write a hundred rules, but this alone does not make it work.
It takes strength to respect the standards. For us, this strength is our transparency. We make everything so clear that it's impossible to deviate from the standards.
But how exactly does it work?
1. Mystery shoppers.
2. Ratings from customers and colleagues.
3. Days with clients - every month our leaders personally work on the front lines to help clients, to better understand customers and to assist their colleagues.
It's the transparency that makes us keep our promises, follow the standards, and work strictly within the law.
But for us, transparency is not just a fad. This is our conviction, philosophy and value that we want to bring to the world.
- Mission. Love for customers
- OKR and Performance reviews.
- Our Vision - what we want our product, strategy, goals, and metrics to be.
- Traction map with channels, procedure
- Scrum teams working on releases following Agile principles.
- User interviews and Jobs-to-be-done frameworks - what the client wants. A/B testing.
- Product analytics to find new growth points.
- Job stories, Goals, Tasks.
- Feedback from customers.