Dating Pro Digest: Five experts share 2020 lessons about app marketing and engagement; How Tinder became the app that defines online dating; Hiki Is Reimagining What It Means To Be A Dating App With Neurodiversity And Connectedness; We Caught Up With Priti Joshi From Bumble To Tell Us All About Dating Trends In 2021; Worldwide & US Download Leaders 2020
Good morning, friends
Dating industry news digest:
- Five experts share 2020 lessons about app marketing and engagement;
- How Tinder became the app that defines online dating;
- Hiki Is Reimagining What It Means To Be A Dating App With Neurodiversity And Connectedness;
- We Caught Up With Priti Joshi From Bumble To Tell Us All About Dating Trends In 2021;
- Worldwide & US Download Leaders 2020
Five experts share 2020 lessons about app marketing and engagement
In 2020 the apps metrics in-app purchases, subscriptions, downloads, have reached new heights.
Downloads reached 130 billion user spending grew to $112 billion. And here are 5 tips from 5 different marketing experts to grow your business even further:
1) Amaze customers with coherent user journeys Noa Gutterman, director of marketing at VSCO, says that it’s more important to create a thorough user journey rather than simply focusing on the top-funnel metrics to attract new users.
2) Educate consumers with contextual campaigns and cues AJ Wang, Head of Acquisitions and Performance Marketing at Gcash app, says that marketers need to create a system to address different needs and different aspects of their lives.
3) Listen, act, and innovate to drive customer connection Jade Worobec, head of performance marketing at The Meet Group, shares her tip to show the users that you have their back and make them feel safe and secure on your app/website.
4) Unravel data to retain subscribers in a post-IDFA world Oliver Wang, a Senior Growth Manager at Elevate Labs, says that a proper analytics system and constant testing is a key way to improve your service performance.
5) Get out of your comfort zone and leverage new channels Chy Seng, Mobile Marketing Manager GRAMMARLY, advises that it’s important to understand why and how people use your app/service in order to adapt to their current and future needs.
How Tinder became the app that defines online dating
Tinder reported a record of 3 billion swipes per day in the second quarter of 2020.
Match Group’s, Tinder parent, shares prices went from $12 in 2015 to $153 in 2020. Experts claim that Tinder’s success was due to a relatively simple set-up: it allowed users to buy a subscription to see who liked you.
This way they converted free users into paying members without any large spendings on marketing and engagement.
Hiki Is Reimagining What It Means To Be A Dating App With Neurodiversity And Connectedness
The New York-based Hiki is taking a decidedly different approach to online dating than answering a questionnaire, building a profile, and swiping right.
The app’s main audience is Autistic adults and it positions itself as a dating app.
But the core value is to create “a safe space where neurodiversity is celebrated and the lived experiences of Autistic adults are honored and validated.”
We Caught Up With Priti Joshi From Bumble To Tell Us All About Dating Trends In 2021
Here are new dating trends from Priti Joshi, the VP of Strategy at Bumble India:
1) Increased usage and extended video chat times.
2) Increased need for social connections. People are in need to build trust before meeting in real life.
3) The more information users share on their profile, the higher chance to find a match. A 41% increase in monthly average matches with a complete bio.
4) The power of human connection. Even during these challenging times, people are successfully finding love online.
Worldwide & US Download Leaders 2020
A new yearly Apptopia roundup on most downloaded apps was recently published. According to the data, dating apps had their engagement levels drop in early March, but then with the virtual dating trend, the number even exceeded the pre-Covid times.
Tinder took first place with 74 million installations in 2020. It was also recognized as the second-highest-grossing general app of the year, with worldwide revenue of $513 million.
The second place by downloads went to Badoo with 44 million installs.
The third place was occupied by ‘Chinese Tinder’, Tantan. WHO, the Turkish video social community, had a positive year with ~16 million downloads.
Grindr had 15.5 million installations. And it’s the only LGBTQ-related service in the top 10 dating apps by downloads.
Dating Industry News Digest is brought to you by Dating Pro, winner of iDate Awards in the Best Dating Software Provider category.
With us, you will learn how to start a dating site, how to manage your dating website software, and how to profit with dating script.