Dating Pro Digest: 92% Americans Date As Normal Despite Coronavirus; HubStars Launches $1M Dating Grant Project; Sexual Minorities Rising In Japan; Tinder In China To Avoid Censorship Of Outbreak
Hoi, my friends
Dating industry news digest for today:
- 92% of Americans dating as normal despite coronavirus
- HubStars launches million dollar dating project to support aspiring entrepreneurs
- Matchmaking services for sexual minorities rising in Japan
- Tinder to circumnavigate possible Chinese censorship of outbreak
92% of Americans dating as normal despite coronavirus
OkCupid conducted a survey to find out that almost 90% of global users continue dating as normal during the Coronavirus spread.
For the US, only 8% of OkCupid’s users refuse to date during such dangerous times.
HubStars launches million dollar dating project to support aspiring entrepreneurs
HubStars Dating will launch a ‘Million Dollar Dating Project’ on the 12th of June to help people with fresh ideas for niche dating apps or new approaches and innovations to existing dating apps revolutionize the dating industry.
There are the following eligibility restrictions:
- You must be a legal resident in the USA, Canada, UK & Ireland or Australia
- You have a valid bank account and proof of address
- You are not a Politically Exposed Person – i.e. a senior member of a government agency
- You must not be an existing professional online marketing affiliate or make your living currently as an online affiliate
- You must be willing to blog or vlog your participation in the Project
Owner of HubStars Dating, Michael O’Sullivan, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to gain the knowledge, experience and backing required to succeed in the online dating space. I wish I’d had this starting out years ago. We’re really looking forward to the submissions and helping nurture the ideas of the future stars of the industry”.
Matchmaking services for sexual minorities rising in Japan
According to the Japan LGBT Research Institute, in 2019, from 420,000 people 20-60 y.o. 10% identified themselves as part of LGBT and sexual minorities.
While the biggest matchmaking agencies in Japan for gay and lesbian singles, e.g. EXEO Japan or Resally, state that the number of LGBT singles that apply is doubling every year.
Tinder to circumnavigate possible Chinese censorship of outbreak
Chinese singles use Tinder as a means of circumvention of state media censorship.
In order to get the information about the spread, users change their location to Wuhan to connect with people that live there.
James, a Vietnam-based English teacher, was told: “…things aren’t getting better at the moment. All kinds of transportation have been cancelled and private mobiles are not allowed in the street.”
Dating Industry News Digest is brought to you by Dating Pro, winner of iDate Awards in the Best Dating Software Provider category.
With us, you will learn how to start a dating site, how to manage your dating website software and how to profit with dating script.