Dating Pro Digest: The Meet Group’s 3D Face Verification; European Facebook Dating Delayed Due To GDPR; Hinge CEO On Future Of Dating Apps
Grüß Gott, my friends
Dating industry news digest for today:
- Safer dating with 3D face verification
- Facebook Dating roll-out in Europe delayed after a row with the regulator
- Hinge CEO on the future of dating apps
“The only one who can tell you “you can’t win” is you and you don’t have to listen.” —Jessica Ennis
Safer dating with 3D face verification
The Meet Group plans to fight catfishing by integrating new verification technology.
The technology created by the digital security company FaceTec compares a 3D person to their 2D photo. This new feature relies on AI to compare real faces and photos people upload.
The Meet Group’s CEO Geoff Cook wrote: “With FaceTec, in just a few seconds, users will be able to prove they are a live human (not a bot) and that they match their profile photos.”
Facebook Dating roll-out in Europe delayed after a row with the regulator
Facebook postponed its European release, that was supposed to be launched on 13th February, due to GDRP issues.
According to the BBC, a Facebook representative said: “It’s really important that we get the launch of Facebook Dating right, so we are taking a bit more time to make sure the product is ready for the European market.”
Hinge CEO on the future of dating apps
CEO of one of the most popular dating apps in North America Justin Mcleod participated in Yahoo Finance show where they discussed the state of the dating apps.
During their section, they discussed:
- That dating is still a growing industry.
- That there are not enough apps for all niches on the market.
- That the future of the industry is when a dating company becomes not only as a place to meet someone but a whole eco-system for couples, starting from meeting up and nurtures them till the end.
Dating Industry News Digest is brought to you by Dating Pro, winner of iDate Awards in the Best Dating Software Provider category.
With us, you will learn how to start a dating site, how to manage your dating website software and how to profit with dating script.
Main Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash