Dating Pro Digest: How Match Group Wins Over Gen Z; 75% Still Prefer IRL Meet; Interesting Niches — App That Bridges Dating And Fertility Industries
Merhaba, my friends
Dating industry news digest for today:
- How Match Group is winning over Gen Z
- 3 in 4 Brits would still prefer an IRL meet-cute over online dating
- Interesting niches for online dating — App that bridges dating and fertility industries
“To know how much there is to know is the beginning of learning to live.” —Dorothy West
How Match Group is winning over Gen Z
Match Group’s dating apps portfolio is quite big, but the biggest part of its revenue comes from Tinder. And the biggest audience on Tinder are singles between the ages of 18 to 24, or simply called Gen Z.
‘The Motley Fool’ journal published 3 things Match Group uses to win over Gen Z users:
1. Interactive videos – Last September, Tinder launched Swipe Night, interactive videos with branching narrative choices.
2. Live video chats – Like the ability to upload videos to Hinge and short video loops to Tinder profiles
3. More genders and social causes – 59% of Gen Z youth believe that apps forms should have more than 2 genders (male and female), and so Tinder added a “more genders” feature.
3 in 4 Brits would still prefer an IRL meet-cute over online dating
A dating and social app ‘The Inner Circle’ released research data on why singles in the UK no longer meet in real life.
The results, amassed from 2,000 singles, showed that 75% of respondents still prefer offline “meet-cute” over online.
The reasons are that it is more natural, more romantic and gives the couple a better story to tell.
Interesting niches for online dating — App that bridges dating and fertility industries
- Modamily — is an app for people that are looking for partners to start a family. It also educates users about fertility options (like freezing eggs, testing genes, helping find a surrogate mother, a sperm donor or an egg donor).
Interested in adding a similar feature to your dating site? Just hit our Experts up and we’ll discuss the integration.
Dating Industry News Digest is brought to you by Dating Pro, winner of iDate Awards in the Best Dating Software Provider category.
With us, you will learn how to start a dating site, how to manage your dating website software and how to profit with dating script.