Dating Pro Digest: PoF’s 2020 Dating Trends; Tiffany Haddish Partners With Bumble; TMG’s New “Viewer Levels” Feature
Namastē, my friends
Dating industry news digest for today: Plenty of Fish study on 2020 dating trends; Tiffany Haddish partners with Bumble to help put an end to your disaster dates; The Meet Group releases “Viewer Levels”.
“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” —Mark Twain
Plenty of Fish study on 2020 dating trends
Plenty of Fish (POF) published a list of possible dating trends in 2020:
- You can now get“Kanye’d” – be on a date with someone who only talks about themselves;
- or “Yellow Carded” – called out on their poor dating behavior;
- “Eclipsing” – when someone adopts all your hobbies and interests to have a better chance of matching. 48% of POF users have experienced it, and 45% admitted doing this to someone else;
- “Glamboozled” — when you get stood up at the last minute, after getting dressed and ready for a date;
- “White Clawing” — dating someone just because they are attractive;
- “Cause-playing” – asking to donate to a cause or Kickstarter campaign;
- “Dial-toning” – ignoring someone immediately after swapping numbers;
- “Type-casting” – dating people based on their Myers-Briggs personality profile.
Shannon Smith, Head of PR at Plenty of Fish, said: “Dating is changing, and our annual trends survey reflects what singles will and won’t accept from their partners.”
Tiffany Haddish partners with Bumble to help put an end to your disaster dates
Bumble has teamed up with Tiffany Haddish, an actress and TV host.
Tiffany will give singles tips to beef up their dating success through the Bumble app.
Moreover, users who match with Tiffany’s profile will get a chance to have a one-on-one profile makeover from the Girl’s Trip star via Bumble’s video chat feature.
The Meet Group releases “Viewer Levels”
The Meet Group released a “Viewer Levels” feature for stream viewers on MeetMe and Skout apps.
This feature allows viewers to earn experience points by watching the streamer and/or purchasing virtual gifts for them.
There are 5 viewer levels, from Rookie to Legend, with each level having some exclusive gifts.
Interested in adding a similar feature to your dating site? Just hit our Experts up and we’ll discuss the integration.
Dating Industry News Digest is brought to you by Dating Pro, winner of iDate Awards in the Best Dating Software Provider category.
With us, you will learn how to start a dating site, how to manage your dating website software and how to profit with dating script.